The Dominus 14-inch 10-note steel tongue drum comes with an installed piezo pickup and standard 1/4-inch jack; pre-tuned to G Major pentatonic (E3 G3 A3 B3 D4 E4 G4 A4 B4 D5). The Dominus is the male voice of the Opus series with warm deep bass tones and crisp highs tunable in 4 different octaves. The optional advanced magnet pack allows you to tune to 432Hz. Includes a pair of black mallets (MLTRSBA) and display ring.
PITCH RANGE OF EACH TONGUE WITH STANDARD MAGNET PACK:
Tongue #1: D#3, E3 (largest tongue)
Tongue #2: F#3, G3
Tongue #3: A3, A#3, B3
Tongue #4: C4, C#4, D4
Tongue #5: C#4, D4, D#4, E4
Tongue #6: E4, F4
Tongue #7: F4, F#4, G4
Tongue #8: A4, A#4, B4
Tongue #9: B4, C5, C#5, D5
Tongue #10: C#5, D5, D#5, E5 (smallest tongue)
*Tuner set to A=440Hz
Here are a few scales that are easy to tune on the Dominus:
G Major Penta E3 G3 A3 B3 D4 E4 G4 A4 B4 D5
Thalassa E3 G3 B3 C#4 E4 F4 G4 B4 C#5 E5
Tahirah E3 G3 A3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A4 C5 D5
Sotiria E3 G3 A#3 C4 D4 E4 G4 A#4 C5 D5
Xonsu E3 G3 A3 C4 D4 E4 F#4 A4 C5 D5
The Advanced Magnet Pack (sold separately) allows you to tune down to hundreds of different scales.
Item Weight: 9.9 lbs.
Item Length: 14 Inches
Item Height: 5 Inches
Item Width: 14 Inches
Important Magnet and Choking Hazard Safety Warning!
Read this warning before you buy and use the magnets!
Disclaimer: Desert Lotus Boutique & Gifts neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of magnets. With your purchase, the buyer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings, the buyer agrees that he/she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets, which include personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages. The buyer must agree with the terms before purchase. Neodymium magnets are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries, property damages and magnet damages.
1. Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken or can splinter in a collision. One should wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because splinters and/or spacers could disengage and fly from the magnets.
2. Normal Neodymium magnets will lose their magnetic properties if heated above 175¡F (80¡ C).
3. The strong magnetic fields of neodymium magnets can damage items such as television, computer monitors, credit cards, bank cards, computers, diskettes and other data carriers, video tapes, mechanical watches, hearing aids, loud speakers and VCRs. Pace-makers may be damaged or switch to "Test Mode" in the presence of a strong magnetic force, if a pace-maker or other electrical body implant is in use, keep a minimum of 3 feet distance.
4. Children should not be allowed to handle neodymium magnets as they can be dangerous. Small magnets pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into any part of the body.
5. Under no circumstances should you try to cut, saw or drill the Neodymium magnets! Not only would the magnet break, but the resulting dust from the magnet is very flammable. Neodymium magnets should never be burned, as burning them will create toxic fumes.